Keyword research is one of the most important aspects of increasing SEO strategy. The right keyword for an article will do all the needful things more than expected.
There are many ways to, find the appropriate keywords for your article that will help you to optimize the search engine optimization rate. Before you set a keyword for any of your articles make sure that you are confident in the keywords and you have done proper research before setting it up.
To help you find the most relevant and potent keywords for your article there are numerous best keyword research tools available in the market. You can opt for any of them and start researching for the best keywords you can have for your article.
Even though most of the prime keyword research tools require paid subscriptions, in this article I have listed some of the best free keyword research tools. This will help all those of you who are looking for free but effective keyword research tools. Also, I will be briefing you on the meaning and the ways to research the best keyword tools for yourself.
What Is Keyword Research?
Keyword research is the process of analyzing and identifying the best keywords that you can use in your articles to increase the SEO rating of your content.
Based on these keywords your content will be ranked on the search engine. The process keyword research includes selecting the most attractive and most relevant keywords that people use on search engines to find the articles. Analyze and identify those types of keywords as it will be immensely useful for you to enhance your content’s weightage in the search engine.
How to research keywords
Keywords research involves the process of identifying the most searched content by the people and start researching the most searched keywords and then creating your content based on those popular keywords.
Researching the keywords can be done in several ways. You can use keyword research tools and get the most out of it. But before you use those research tools you must know certain other ways to do proper research about the keywords. Those steps include,
- Analyze your niche
- Define your goals
- Prepare a list of topics
- Make a list of seed keywords
- Make use of keyword research tools
- Know your adversaries
These are the steps to do proper keyword research for your content. Make sure you are making a proper analysis of all these steps only then you will be able to reap the desired benefits.
Analyze your niche
Make a thorough analysis of your customers or niches. Have a keen eye on the topic for which you are going to create the content. Make sure that you always think from the customer’s perspective, as this gives a better insight into the topic and also the requirements for this content.
Talk to your niches and try to compile more information regarding the work. Once if you are ready with the topic for which you are going to obtain the keywords, then the other steps will become much easier.
Define your goals
Before you step into the process of researching the best keywords for your content, you must be clear about your goals. You may be targeting increasing your sales volume, gaining traffic to your website, promoting your brand, and so on. So be obvious on which line you are in and for what sort of requirement you need to create content and frame the keywords.
Prepare a list of topics
Prepare a list of relevant topics that are related to your main content or the goal you aim to achieve. Those topics must be more relevant to your main topic and most searched by the people. From your main topic derive your subtopics and categorize them. Now you are ready with the relevant topics that you got from the main topic.
Your part in finding the relevant topics is more important and paves the way for better identification and formation of the most powerful keywords.
Make a list of seed keywords
Once you are done with your analysis of relevant topics, now your job is to make a list of the seed keywords. Finding the seed keywords involves the process of targeting the audience and selecting those words that are most searched in the search engine.
Make use of keyword research tools
Once you have done all the above steps now you can go ahead and seek the distance of any good keyword research tools. All the steps you performed so far will help you get an idea of what keyword structure you need. Now, you can work with your keyword research tools.
With the help of those keyword tools, you will be able to analyze and go deep into the topic and get a better insight regarding the content. Then you can perform multiple types of research and arrive at the best and attractive keywords.
Know your adversaries
After completing all these procedures now you need to know about your competitors. Always have in mind that you are not alone in the market and you will always have some competitors around you. So you must, check that your keyword stands out from them and has a higher SEO strategy.
Best Free Keyword Research Tools
Here in this article, I am going to list the best free keyword research tools that are available in the market. Not everyone can afford a paid keyword research tools but they also may have to do something with their website’s SEO issues and outranking. For those people this free keyword research tools will be a great deal.
As same as the paid tools these free keyword research tools have the same potential and features. You will have a wide range of various operations that you can perform while researching the keywords. Those free keyword research tools include,
- Google Keyword Planner
- Competitor Source Code
- Keyword Sheeter
- Keyword Generator
- Bulk Keyword Generator
These are some of the keyword research tools that are available free of cost. You can relish the same features that you can access in most of the paid keyword researching tools.
Soovle can be a great choice if you have multiple channels. It can give you the accurate result you need and it helps to gain more keywords for your content. It can help you find the right keyword for your topic.
- It is a free keyword research tool.
- Based on the root word given this tool will list you the most searched keywords in many of the searches engines including Amazon and eBay.
- It not only does the job of a keyword research tool but also acts as a great tool by auto-generating the keywords from the idea you give in.
Google Keyword Planner
Did you all notice something?
Yes, the Google keyword planner is also on the list. It has numerous features that show the uniqueness of the world’s most top brand, Google. You cannot believe that all of their premium features can be accessed without paying a single penny.
- To access Google keyword planner you must have an AdWords account but that doesn’t mean that you have to pay for it. It is all free of cost.
- This tool also shows you some of the statistics such as competition levels, monthly searches, ratings, and so on. This helps you to analyze more about your content type and also your keywords.
- It has some improvised features that it will not give you the exact keyword but it gives you the appropriate synonyms and other variations to that keyword. This ensures the effective formation of keywords.
- With the help of this Google keyword planner, you can search for keywords and also ad group ideas.
- This tool helps you to forecast how a particular keyword will perform and also allows you to combine the keywords to form a new one.
Ubersuggest is one of the keywords research tools that work pretty well. It has a decent amount of features that a normal keyword research tool possesses. It helps you to find all kinds of the keywords that you need for your SEO.
In this you give a keyword input to this tool, it will display all the relevant keywords in alphabetical order and also with other numerical variations.
- You can also add bounce house ad, ac, ad to your keywords for further SEO ratings.
- It provides a wide range of keywords and also some details on the competition, sales volume, and seasonal trends.
- It also gives you a list of all the keywords used by your competitors and the most optimized ones.
Competitor Source Code
Since it is a free keyword research tool you cannot expect more premium features. Even though most free tools offer you the best keyword research the Competitor Source The code has only minimal features.
- It provides you with the keywords that are used by your competitors. In this way, you can know what type of keyword your competitors use to get natural traffic to their websites.
- It lists all the keywords that are mostly searched by the people in the various search engines.
If you are looking for basic keyword research tools then the Keyword Sheeter will be a great choice. This works pretty simple than the other free keyword researching tools in the market.
- It acquires numerous keywords from google.
- It can list up to 1000 keywords per minute.
- To get the desired results to enter the subtopic or the seed keyword in the search box and you will be listed down thousands of relevant keywords.
- This tool has a unique feature known as positive and negative filters. The positive filter will enhance the quality of the keyword whereas the negative filter will dispose of irrelevant words to the seed keyword.
The Keyword Generator is one of the best keyword research tools that are of no cost. You can get the desired results from the seed keyword that you enter in this tool. It also enables you to increase search engine optimization and also to acquire more natural backlinks for your website.
- It can generate up to 150 backlinks.
- By entering the required seed keyword you will be listed down many keywords that are relevant to your seed keyword.
- This tool also delivers monthly search results and search volumes.
- For the first ten keywords, you are shown the keyword difficulty (KD) of each keyword.
- The numbers and estimates are by default according to the United States databases. If you want to modify the country you can do it. It has around 170+ countries on the list.
- This tool can also be used to find keywords for the most popular platforms which include Amazon, Bing, and YouTube.
Bulk Keyword Generator
If you are looking for a specific product or service-based keywords then this Bulk Keyword Generator might work for you. This tool is wholly based on the industry. Keywords relating specifically to industrial products are services that are loaded here.
- This tool generates bulky keywords that are highly suitable for local SEO.
- This tool delivers the keywords based on the industry type.
- As the first step in operating this tool all you need to do is to choose your business type then you will be displayed all the relevant products and services.
- This tool also shows the locations of the business that you have chosen.
- Then your keywords will be listed out.
In this article, I have listed the best free keyword research tools that are trending among people who could not afford a paid keyword research tool.
All you need to do is to pick the right type of keyword research tool to optimize your SEO rating and to grab traffic and natural backlinks to your website. With the right type of keyword you can acquire the desired goals you have on your list.