In blogging, a niche is commonly thought of as a particular area in which a blogger specializes. Their content relates to this specific subject matter and is considered high-quality and authoritative on the topic.
If you want to monetize your blog, you need to attract targeted, high-converting traffic to your articles and other content.
Accordingly, you want to commence by knowing who your blog target audience is. This will help you comprehend what your potential readers want and need from you. And when you do, creating important content for them will be much lenient and you’ll make more money with fewer endeavours.
Nonetheless, how much experience you have, choosing the perfect blog niche can be tough. There are tons of great blog niche ideas out there that allow you to make money even if you’re not too passionate about them.
By creating content related to the most popular and profitable subject matter, you can increase the chances you’ll establish a following and also have monetization opportunities. If you’re hoping to blog for a living, these aspects are key.
Even so, the blogging niches below tend to give adoptees a higher likelihood of being able to live comfortably off their blog’s revenue. We’ve compiled this list by looking into which niches tend to obtain the most traffic and generate the most income.
Let’s dive in.
List of Best Blogging Niches for 2020
- City guide: Explore your own city and its surroundings. Recommend unusual places to visit. Great for budget travelling.
- Travel tips: Share your tips and tricks for travelling. Getting through long flights, packing efficiently, etc.
- Cultural differences: Share what you’ve learned about the customs and proper manners in a foreign culture. This is a great niche for helping ex-pats and travellers respect local customs.
- Language and travel: If you like learning languages, why not create a blog about it? Help your readers learn some basic words and useful phrases for their next trip. For even more value, create a few helpful PDF cheat sheets that your readers can print out!
- Travelling for work: Do you work for an airline or just travel a lot for work? Use your layovers to capture the essence of each city and country. Share your stories with the world – you have a global audience waiting!
- Self-care and self-worth: We do so many things for so many other people every day. How can your readers achieve a happier life by dedicating more time to themselves instead of spending their days working for the needs of other people?
- Confidence boosting: Help your audience with self-esteem issues. If you’ve struggled with feeling good about yourself, share your story and how you overcame the issue! How can your readers achieve better confidence to succeed in life and become happier in general?
- Mindfulness: This is a big thing in the health and wellness niche. Mindfulness is a great blog topic to make money online, too. Just share your tips for practising mindful living in everyday life.
- Diets: This is one of the most profitable blog niches out there. There’s always a new trendy diet to focus on – you just need to start your blog asap to outdo your competition!
- Nutrition and supplements: We all know we should eat better foods – but why is it so difficult? Help your readers achieve their goals and nourish their bodies with healthy foods!
- Meditation: Share your experience and tips for achieving a clear state of mind with meditation. Provide beginner-level guided meditations to attract new readers and grow your reach.
- Skincare: There are plenty of skin health topics to write about. Acne and ageing are probably the most popular niches out there.
Fitness and sports
- Yoga: This niche has incredible potential for making money by blogging. If you’re a certified yoga instructor, create a series of articles and publish them as an e-book.
- Weight loss: Dieting and losing weight is an endless source of blog post ideas! It’s one of the most popular niches when it comes to starting a blog to make money.
- Crossfit training: Share your story, experience, and tips on how your readers can achieve their fitness goals with CrossFit training.
- Cycling: How to take care of your bike? What to pay attention to when buying one? Write about the best biking trips in your region or make it into a travel blog on two wheels!
- Running and marathons: Running is one of the most popular forms of exercising with huge global readership potential. Write about running tips and techniques, seasonal training for summer and winter, training for marathons, running equipment etc.
- Gardening : Tons of different areas to focus on: urban gardening, growing flowers, organic gardening, growing vegetables, etc.
- Drawing: Create a series of articles where you teach your readers how they can become better at drawing.
- Art: Share your own work or those of others. Give tips on where to go in your city for great art.
- Music: Make your own music or blog about that of others. Teach your readers how to play an instrument!
- Technology: Write about the latest gadgets, new technologies, tips and tricks for using them
- Fashion: Blog about fashion trends, share your best looks, and establish yourself a name in the fashion blogosphere.
- Makeup: Write a blog and create YouTube videos with makeup tutorials. Lots of makeup gurus are already going viral online – you just need to add your own flavour to the soup and you can do it, too.
- Golf: Share your golf hacks and learning tips. If you travel with your golf bag, share your experience with the best golf courses around the world.
- Astronomy and horoscopes: Writing about start signs is a great blog niche to sell personal horoscopes and teach your readers about astronomy.
Food and cooking
- Wines and champagne: If you know a lot about wines, share that passion with the world.
- Craft beer: Blog about what makes craft beer so awesome and establish yourself a name online. How to make craft beer at home?
- Exotic cuisine: Share your favorite tips and recipes for preparing authentic meals from countries far away.
- Baking: Muffins, cupcakes, pancakes, frosted cakes. If you can spell it, you can bake it!
- Recipes: Gather the best recipes you can find for a particular niche. Then cook them and write roundup posts on them. Recipe blogs are huge right now – especially if you plan on using a solid Pinterest strategy to attract massive traffic to your blog!
- Kitchen equipment : Share your tips on which pots and pans to use. There are tons of utensils to make cooking easier and more enjoyable. Write honest reviews and make sure to include affiliate links for your readers to click and buy the products right away.
- Movies: Review films, create lists with the best movies for each genre out there.
- TV shows: Similar to movies – rate and review! If you’re using Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, you can focus on a single streaming service and rate the most recent shows out there, for instance.
- Funny cat videos: Find the funniest videos online and make them go viral. Attract enough visitors and make money with ads on your blog.
- Theatre, opera, and ballet: Review pieces in your region or write about old and new pieces for your visitors to read and learn more about.
- Upcoming events: Write about events that attract attention in a specific target group, such as families with kids, single guys and gals, or people looking to network within a certain industry, for example. The more people are interested in reading about them, the more traffic you get.
- Card and board games: Although not digital, playing cards and board games are still popular! Why not share your opinions on board games and make it into a blog where you review games.
- Outdoor games: Get your readers out in nature! Write an article about 50 different outdoor games for kids and publish the collection as an e-book. Sell it at a discount to schools!
- Video game tutorials for beginners: Help others enjoy their games more!
- Personal finance and frugal living: How to manage your finances the best? Everyone is interested in making the most out of their bucks. Frugal living is one of the most popular blog topics right now!
- Financial independence: Share your tips for achieving financial independence by saving, investing, and planning for the long run.
- Retirement and pension savings: We are all ageing and getting closer to retirement every day. Although it might be decades away, most of us are interested in learning how we could start saving now already.
- Managing the family budget: It’s not always easy to make ends meet with a bigger family. Share tips for saving money on daily things like groceries, transportation, hobbies, clothing, etc.
- Dating guide: Everyone is looking for love! Write a dating guide – you can choose to be serious, satirical, or funny, for example.
- Moving together and starting a family: How to make it work with the significant other? Blog about tips for new couples who want to start a family.
- Weddings and marriage: Wedding blogs are HUGE right now. Help people plan their weddings and come up with wedding concepts. Offer your help as a wedding planner!
Education and career
- Career path advice: How to find your passion and the right career and job to fit?
- Promotions and career coaching: Help your readers achieve their career goals more quickly.
- Learning new skills: Languages, management skills, IT & software skills.
- Study hacks: How to learn more efficiently? How to party in college but still nail your exams?
- SAT Tips and tricks: How to prepare for your SATs and get top scores?
Family and home
- Pregnancy and becoming parents: Write a series of blog posts about pregnancy! Every mother and father have a bunch of questions they need answers for during this time.
- Parenting and childcare: Every parent needs help with their kids from time to time. Solve their parenting problems with helpful articles on your blog. How to be a cool mom or a cool dad? How to deal with a tantrum at the supermarket?
- Family holidays: Where to go with the whole family for the holidays? How to make the most out of the holiday budget and sprinkle a few pennies?
- Hobbies for the whole family: What to do and where to go together with the entire family?
- Saving money: Help parents come up with ideas for things they can do for free with their kids. Or how they can save money when doing groceries or buying clothes for their kids.
- House and garden: Write helpful how-to posts with tips about taking care of the house and garden. Renovation, makeovers, maintenance – the list goes on and on!
- Homeschooling: Share your knowledge and experience with homeschooling. How does it work? Who can do it? Where do you start?
- School and bullying: How to help children who are bullied? What signs should parents pay attention to so that they can intervene as early as possible? How to stop bullying altogether?
- Education: Blog about different options for school or college. How to finance your kid’s college degree? How to write the perfect college application?
- Eco-friendly homes: Write about how to turn any apartment or house into an eco-friendly, green home. Also, you could blog about how your family takes care of the environment at home in your daily life.
Politics and society
- News and current events: Write about your own views on the hottest topics in the media right now.
- Political satire: Capture your readers’ attention with witty perspectives and your personal touch to current political events.
- Society and politics: Address political issues in society. Choose a matter you wish to stand for and create a community around it.
- Educational blog: Teach people about political systems, processes and why their voice matters in every election they can participate in
- Instagram celebrities: How to become a social media celebrity on Instagram?
- Mastering a social network: How to boost your business on social media?
- Social media detox: Help your readers with their phone addiction!
- Beginner’s guides: Write about the basics of social networks. How to start using them and how to make the most out of them?